Monday, February 22, 2010

Reading related to Genealogy


Sometimes I come across (or hear about) a book that relates to genealogy. The book I am reading right now qualifies. I want the author, Ingrid Hill, to write stories about my ancestors and I don't care if it is all fiction! The book is Ursula, Under. The reason I am reading this book is because the main piece of the story is set in Michigan, where I live. My library, KDL, does a winter reading program for adults and this is the last book I needed to read to complete the entire bingo page. So I really didn't know a lot about this book before I picked it up. It is actually kind of hard for me to describe but I will try.

The story centers around a little girl named Ursula who falls down a mine shaft. The story then goes back and forward through time exploring this girls ancestry. These stories are so vivid that I felt that I could go to the location described in the book and actually find the grave (or skull) of the person who has since passed from history. I haven't finished the book yet (I'm about 2/3 of the way through) and there is very little information about Ursula's current condition. But I am really enjoying the book! Read it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment