Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Scanning Slides


My family has slides. Back in the good old days (70's & 80's), slides were popular and I really do not understand why! Film still had to be sent in since each picture has its own little holder. You had to have a projector and screen (or a blank wall). And you had to have a willing or captive audience. I know that we as a family watched the slides because we had a projector. But it seems like a labor intensive event. Plus my mother had to sort the slides into the holders, making sure they were facing the correct direction and label the back of the case for each picture.

So now the slides are in my possession and I have to scan each one into a digital format so that everyone in my family can enjoy the old pictures without having a projector. I actually love my scanner, a Epson Perfection V300, but it is time consuming. Plus I have to reorganize the pictures since they had been separated by who was in the picture at one point. This was in order to hand off the slides to the individuals but that really isn't very practical since some pictures have more than one person AND you would need a projector to view them! We have 11 holders which hold 100 pictures each. YOU do the math!

By the way, the picture is me at about 4 with my favorite animals! There are lots of pictures of me and kitties :) As you can see the scan came out pretty good and I only did a little color modification to brighten it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment