Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Kidder Confusion

So the whole Jennie Kidder situation just got worse.  I'll have to start over and look at everything very carefully!

Since Clark & Jennie supposedly got married in 1887 when they were 26, and I cannot located that record on FamilySearch, I thought maybe Jennie had been married before.  So I looked around and found a marriage to Thadeus Doud in 1878.  


The age of Jennie is correct as well as the area where she was living but I don't know what M.D. means for place born.  So this is good!  I have another name to use for the 1887 marriage.  But nope, I didn't find what I expected.  I found a Jennie Doud getting married on July 4, 1887 (the exact date expected) but to the wrong guy & the wrong place!  (I looked in the 1880 census and found Thaddeus with his wife Jane...plus their 6 month old child.)

And I still cannot find any marriage for Clark V. Green.

No comments:

Post a Comment