Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Scrapbooking Journey

So my journey into scrapbook started in 1994, the year I got married.  I wanted to do something different with my wedding album so I signed up for a class through community education.  The instructor was part of Creative Memories and that is how I started out.  Yes, I even had a crop at my apartment for friends and family, managing to get a few of them hooked as well!

The next four years went by with me doing a few albums for those years and actually finishing the wedding album.  Then I had kid number one.  And that was okay.  Still managed to work on my albums and start another one for him.  Then bam - kid number two comes along 18 months later and everything falls apart, at least in terms of scrapbooking!  I did manage to work on some of it but over all was so busy that I fell behind.

In 2003 I decided it was time to really work at the albums. I spent time cropping outside the house with my mom and sister.  But what I decided to do at that point was to start fresh from that year and keep up from there.  So I dropped the missed years and just worked on current stuff since it was better to be doing some rather then none.  I actually did really well through most of 2007.  But 2008 is the start of all digital pictures and also when I decided it was time to go back and take care of those old pictures before I started printing the digital prints.  They were printed already and just sitting in a box gathering dust.  This is also about the time that the scrapbook store we cropped at decided to scale back and moved to a smaller space.

A couple years ago, the company I used for my albums and page protecters decided to redo their business and everything was being discontinued.  I had to figure out, as best I could, what I needed to finish the albums I already had.  The albums start before 1998 and I was missing large sections of a few years!  So I guesstimated and bought supplies and hoped for the best.  I'm still waiting to see how that all turned out.

So now it is finally 2014.  My space is more organized and I have put a lot of time & effort into finishing the incomplete years between 2000 - 2003.  I also had to start at the beginning of each kids albums and finish some of the pages I just didn't get around to completing.  And progress was made, finally!

I have finished all my KIDS albums from 1998-2007.  They have page protectors and finished pages!  They are done!  Now I need to go through my own albums for those years to finish the pages I skipped, for what ever reason.  I also have the added pressure that my son is a junior (where did the time go!) and I should have something to show for his high school years, which I don't!

Progress and Pressure :)

No comments:

Post a Comment