Saturday, October 1, 2016

Another Tillotson Adventure!

Through some research online & at the Hastings library, I found Sylvia Johnson who was the only daughter of Sophia Tillotson Johnson and Bushrod Washington Johnson.  Unfortunately she died very young, at 18 in 1872 (after the divorce of her parents).  I have located her grave in Barry County which I thought was cool since I hadn't know this child existed before.  But now something else has occurred, which reinforces my love of Genealogy!

My father-in-law sold his house and we received some of the pictures that were hanging on the walls for as long as I can remember.  I had no idea who this girl was but she had a huge frame, which looked old.  So today I take the backing off the frame so I can see if there is any writing on the back (actually, we think it is a drawing) and it says Sylvia Johnson!!!

"Sylvia Johnson, daughter of Sophia Tillotson Johnson & Bushrod Washington Johnson lived in Milo, Mich.  She was a half-sister of Oscar & Carrie Tillotson.  She died at 18 yrs of age. She had been a student at Kalamazoo College.  She had one sister Ruby Johnson who died in early childhood."  (Ruby was actually a Tillotson, the first born of Sophia & Asahel Tillotson.)

No comments:

Post a Comment