Monday, August 21, 2017

Solar Eclipse 21 August 2017

 So today the solar eclipse finally happened. I say that because about a week ago, locals figured out they needed special glasses to view the eclipse safely.  And the news said: "Hey, the library has glasses!"  But not ALL libraries did.  So we were bombarded with requests.  (Similar to tax season.)  And the branches that did have glasses and events definitely experienced even MORE disruption, rudeness and lines!

(I had purchased 6 glasses from Amazon about a month ago.  And they were not some of the bogus ones that were being sold either.  And since I had gotten them "early", I didn't purchase them at an inflated price.)

Claire had her Senior Orientation and I had the day off work.  Peter & Eric were both at work but had glasses if they could take time to take a look.  My mother and her husband Lloyd also came over to share in the experience.  It was actually amazing even if it wasn't a total eclipse in Michigan.  Luckily the clouds were not to bad either.  So note to self:  be prepared in 2024!

No comments:

Post a Comment