Saturday, August 14, 2010

Book recommendation

I have been working my way through The American Resting Place: Four Hundred Years of History Through Our Cemeteries and Burial Grounds by Marilyn Yalom. Let me just say, you need to look at this book just to see the pictures (by Reid S. Yalom) that are all at the beginning of the book. They are very cool to look at! The cover is one of the pictures and I really like it :)

I am enjoying the book and finding it very informative. I have been reading a bit at a time since it is hard to digest 400 years of history in three weeks! I am not even half way so I will be spending a few more weeks with it. (I actually read really fast but right now I have to read for a committee I am on so I don't have as much time to devote to non-teen books.)

But if you are at all interested in cemeteries, which most genealogist are, check out this book!

No comments:

Post a Comment