Sunday, August 8, 2010

New project

This week, I was contacted by my cousin's mother-in-law. She is interested in genealogy and had been researching my cousin's father's side. My aunt had her contact me because of my genealogy information for the Naber's. Now it wasn't hard to just send her a tree with the ancestors but she really wanted something she could share with my cousin that he would be interested in. And only genealogist are interested in looking at family group sheets! But a narration of the family history with stories is something different. Unfortunately, I don't have anything written out. And I am not even sure I will ever be able to do so.

But last fall when I attend the Western Michigan Genealogy Society's Got Ancestors Conference, I attended a session with George Morgan about creating time line/outlines for each ancestor. This is something I would like to do and I think it would be easier to create a narration from this than off the cuff. On the other hand, I did do one interesting thing for my father's side of the family that everyone (non-genealogists) seemed to think was interested. I created a one page document about his ancestors immigration to the United States with pictures. So this is something I can do for the other immigration family's as well. I will be posting the information from the one I already did and then any future ones as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment