Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Hobbies: Do you have one?

I find it interesting when people say they don't have hobbies.  I actually seem to have to many since I tend to skip around from one to another; Jack of All Trades, Master of None.  So I'm going to list my hobbies alphabetically and what I have been done recently (or not recently) with them.
  1. Crochet: This is the most recent one to learn and I want to make a striped scarf - just didn't start it yet!
  2. Cross Stitch:  This is a LONG neglected hobby that I recently took up again.  I had a lovely tree skirt started with the 12 days and I have recently finished most of the it!  Yeah!  I am looking forward to using it this next December.
  3. Genealogy: Most recently (December 2013) I requested Death records for Great-Grandparents but I need to get back to my picture scanning very very soon.
  4. Knitting: I LOVE making washcloths!  During the winter especially, I make a few a month since this can be done while watching TV.
  5. Reading: Seriously, I never really stop doing this one - I read all the time: regular books, ebooks, audiobooks, most have books!
  6. Scrapbooking: This is a very neglected hobby.  I really need to finish the books I started.  I bought albums from CM (before they changed everything last year), I just really need to finish off the books I currently own.  But not working on this hasn't stopped me from purchasing stuff since it is very hard to resist supplies!  But I have recently undertaken a large organization project so I will have room to work!
  7. Sewing: This is barely a hobby since I don't really do it much.  I know how to sew basic stuff and I have had my own sewing machine since about 1995.

No comments:

Post a Comment