Sunday, November 27, 2011

Leah G Vorce Green

Leah Green died 5 years ago and her ashes had been basically laying around since then.  But I am very happy to say that the ashes have now been buried in a very informal event over Thanksgiving.  I wasn't there personally but my husband, her eldest son, dug the hole and her younger son placed the ashes.  My son, her only grandson filled in the hole.  My daughter, her only granddaughter, held the ashes before hand.  Her husband Nelson was there also.  He arranged for the placement of the beautiful stone that is pictured above.  (And in case you cannot tell, those are oars above Nelson's name.)  I really think Leah would have loved this stone.  Very natural looking and simple.  Before she died, she did drive me through the cemetery down the road from their house to show me some of the spots they were looking at.  I think she liked the more natural setting of this cemetery which is pretty small.  Since she was going to be cremated, they were looking at some of the plots on a the slop of the hill.  It looks like that is were they did purchase a plot.

Rest In Peace, Leah - you are missed every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment