Saturday, November 19, 2011

Memory Book / Baby names

Elizabeth Ann - 1971
The Memory Book for November 18-19 was about baby names.  My mother's answer to how did you choose my name was, "Your dad had a cousin named Beth Ann.  I thought that was so pretty.  Your dad wanted Elizabeth Ann so after you were born he got his way.  It worked out O.K. because I still called you Beth Ann."  The second question was about other names considered.  "No other.  We didn't even have a boys name picked out.  It sure was a good thing you were a girl."

The funny thing about that cousin is her given name is Elizabeth Anne!  So in some ways I was named correctly. But it is true that I was called Beth Ann up until 4th grade when it was shortened to Beth.

For my first born, we didn't know the sex so we had a pretty good sized list of girl names.  Boy names were very difficult to come up with because of my husband's aversion to most boy names.  For the second child, we found out the sex before birth (my demand) so we had a shorter list of girl names only.

No comments:

Post a Comment