Monday, November 7, 2011

Memory Book / Wedding attire

1961
I gave my mother a memory book titled "Mom, Share Your LIfe With Me" a number of years ago.  It is small and there is a different question for every day of the year.  So today, I am going to give you my mother's response as well as my own:

1994
Question: What did you wear (when you were married)?

My mom: "My mother made me a wedding dress.  It was really nice but not extra ordinary.  We had a small wedding inviting only family and a few friends."  (Her wedding was in January.)

Mine: "I purchased a wedding gown that I liked but didn't love.  We were on a budget and I really don't love shopping.  The gown was off white with a small train that hitched up in the back.  The top was lacy with puffy sleeves."  (My wedding was in September.)

No comments:

Post a Comment