Tuesday, August 21, 2007

(#11) LibraryThing

This might be the easiest of the training because I have been on LibraryThing since August 2006. But I added the random book covers to the sidebar. I don't use LibraryThing much now because I was introduced to another tool which I like better. Goodreads allows users to link up with their friends. On my account I have different shelves for my books so others can see what I am currently reading, going to read, and have read. Also, when I log on I am given a list of updates from my friends pages so I can always see what they are reading. We can rate books and link to others on the site to see what they had to say about the book.

I am one of those people who loves to have a list of the books I own, know where the book is located and when I last read it. So I have a program on my iMac at home to keep track of books for my whole family. (They don't appreciate it as much as I do!) I use Bookpedia which operates a lot like iTunes. Love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment