Thursday, August 23, 2007

(#14) Web 2.0 Awards

So many to choose from! I finally settled on Yelp.com. (The link should already be for Grand Rapids). This site is a rating system for local business. I don't think a lot of Grand Rapid's people are on this site yet because there are not a ton of reviews for our area. But it looks like it could be a cool site to go to for information about all kinds of different things in town or out of town.

The site has different categories on the side so you have the option of selecting from there or typing in your search at the top of the screen. The GR seems to extend into Holland. I like the Google map showing the different locations on a street map. The map slides down the screen as you move down the page, which is kind of cool. But if that annoys you, check the "Map, don't follow me!" box.

I did a search on "library". The different GR & KDL branches are listed but no reviews. Vertigo Music also came up because a review included the term library. Bitter End Coffee House is listed also for the same reason. They are the first two in the list, probably because they have reviews.

I also found the hair salon I use and I could edit Business information without having an account. Keep an eye on this site to see how it expands.

No comments:

Post a Comment