Monday, April 30, 2012

Interviewing My Grandmother

I'm currently uploading my very first you-tube video!  In 2002, 2003 and 2004, I did a number of family interviews (most were with my mother).  One of my favorites is my Grandma Naber's interview.  It started with my niece needing some information on the great depression and my sister asking me to videotape.  I think we planned on expanding it right from the beginning to a more in-depth interview.  My grandmother wasn't very convinced that she had any information of interest, but we did end up with almost 2 hours of footage.  The actual interview was done in March 2003 and she died later that year.  After re-watching and digitizing, one of the best parts is hearing Grandma laugh again!

I will post the video link after it is upload.  It is still only 1/2 done.

(update - part one is done and posted!)

No comments:

Post a Comment