Saturday, August 25, 2007

(#17) Wikis

I liked the Book Lovers and the Library Success Wikis. These wikis covered a specific subject and were easy to navigate. They both were very visually appealing. I think it might be interesting to see a youth services wiki with information on the different story times, related links for parents to continue the activities at home and when that story time is being done. I know some libraries have handouts covering information on story time for parents but I wonder how many times they are just thrown away. Having it all on the web gives more flexibility.

I have heard of different genealogy wikis based on families, as a place to share information and stories. The problem is, these are personal sites and I haven't been able to find a good example of one. I found Jotspot but they have been taken over by Google so I couldn't sign up right now. I also looked for an example, but didn't find that either. I am interested in trying this out on my family. They're ready for web 2.0 right? Well, they have email so that is a place to start!

No comments:

Post a Comment