Sunday, August 19, 2007

(#5) Explore Flickr

Before I setup an account, I wanted to see what other people had put on the site. So I looked at some different keywords. One of the keywords was 'tuliptime' because I live near Holland, Michigan and bring my children to Tulip Time every May. The other keyword I checked was my maiden name, which is not a very common name. Interesting enough, there were quite a few pictures tagged with my maiden name, all from the Netherlands, and yes, I am Dutch! That was kind of cool discovery.

For my discovery exercise, I upload 20 pictures I had taken in 2002 while I was working at the Wyoming Branch. This is when the library first opened in their new building. All 20 are tagged WyoLibrary, these include pictures I took of my kids at the library that year. The pictures of just the library are tagged KDL2.0, one of which can be seen to the right. I added this using the blogger photo upload. (I had convert my picture to .jpg because I save all my pictures at .tif to preserve the original picture.)

Flickr was really easy to use. I did some batch editing and added titles to some of my pictures. I tried to use the map feature but it was really slow so I will have to try that later. I noticed some different groups while I was exploring, one was all penguins which was kind of funny. So this site does have some socializing also. I did checkout the keyword KDL2.0 to see what other KDL people had added: Looks like Wyoming is a popular branch!

No comments:

Post a Comment